Try these easy to make healthy snacks if you are trying to put less toxins into your body like wheat, diary or refined sugar. They are both easy to make and store, have no added sugar, are gluten and wheat free and full of protein for energy.
NO GLUTEN NO ADDED SUGAR BANANA BREAD
- 100g coconut flour
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1.5 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 4 large bananas
- 4 medium eggs
- 50g/ 3 tbs coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- Walnuts and a selection of seeds
- Skin the bananas and mash them smooth with a fork
- Preheat the oven 180 degrees celcius and line a loaf tin with baking parchment
- Wisk the dry ingredients together, the stir in the eggs, mashed bananas and the rest of the wet ingredients
- Pour the batter into the lined loaf tin. You can top this with the walnuts and a selection of seeds
- Bake at 180 degrees for 50-60min or until a knife comes out clean.
HIGH PROTEIN PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BITES
- 140g crunchy peanut butter, unsalted
- 1 small ripe banana
- 140g dates
- 30g ground flaxseeds
- 30g chia seeds
- 20g ground almonds
- sesame seeds to coat
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor – APART from the peanut butter – and pulse until the mixture starts to come together. Add the peanut butter and continue pulsing until it forms a loose ball.
- Divide into 16 evenly sized portions and roll into balls (easier with slightly wet hands)
- Put the sesame seeds onto a plate and roll each ball through the seeds to coat the ball.
- Place in the freezer for 20 min (or leave and take out when you need them) and then place in fridge to keep for a few days. Best served chilled.